One appreciates marble for its luster and luxury appeal, but did you know it’s also used as an ingredient in ant-acid?
Here’s a few other interesting facts about marble that will surprise you:
- ANTACID – Pulverized marble is used in Tums and other ant-acids.
- TOOTHPASTE – Ground marble is used in toothpaste due to its abrasive properties.
- FARMING – Powdered marble is used as calcium source fed to many farm animals.
- TAJ MAHAL – The Taj Mahal is made purely out of white marble.
- 530,000 – The New York Public Library uses that much in cubic feet of marble for flooring and exterior walls.